Do you know Jesus Christ the Son of God personally!! Have you ever asked yourself, ‘Who is God?’, ‘Why should I trust in God?’, ‘What is the purpose of my life on earth?’, ‘Who is Jesus Christ?’, ‘I am a sinner then how can I experience the love of God? ’, ‘I know God is gracious, but will he forgive me my dreadful sins?’……Our questions about God and our relationship with God go on like this…… Let’s see how the Holy Bible answers all our quests!
About God The characteristics of God are incomprehensive. Mortal man with his limited knowledge cannot describe all aspects of God. The Holy Bible is a huge mine from where we could learn about God Jesus Christ in depth. The most precious treasure anyone could find!! See a few bible verses which draw your attention towards the characteristics of God…
• God is sovereign.
"The Lord has established His throne in the heavens; and His sovereignty rules over all”…Psalms- 103:19
[See also: I Chronicles 29:11-12, Isaiah 46:9-11, 2 Samuel 7:22]
• God is omnipresent “Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the Lord. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the Lord”…Jeremiah 23:23,24 [See also: Psalm 139:7-12]
• God is omnipotent “But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible”…Matthew 19:26 “For with God nothing shall be impossible”…Luke 1:37 [See also: Genesis 18:14; Luke 18:27; Revelation 19:6]
• God is omniscient “He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names. Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite”…Psalm 147:4,5 [See also: Psalm 139:2-6; Isaiah 40:13-14]
• God the creator of all “For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him”…Colossians 1:16
• God is holy. “The Lord is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works”…Psalms 145:17 [See also: Leviticus 19:2; 1 Peter 1:15]
• God is righteous and just. “Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is truth. The righteousness of testimonies is everlasting: give me understanding, and I shall live”…Psalm 119:142,144 [See also: Deuteronomy 32:4; Psalm 11:7; Psalm 119:137]
• God is true and truth. “For the word of the Lord is right; and all his works are done in truth”…Psalms 33:4 [See also: Psalm 31:5; John 14:6; John 17:3; Titus 1:1-2]
• God is good. “The Lord is good, a Strength and Stronghold in the day of trouble; He knows (recognizes, has knowledge of, and understands) those who take refuge and trust in Him”…Nahum 1:7 [See also: Psalm 25:8; Psalm 34:8; Mark 10:18]
• God is merciful and gracious (Deuteronomy 4:31; Psalm 103:8-17; Daniel 9:9; Hebrews 2:17; Exodus 34:6; Psalm 103:8; 1 Peter 5:10)
• God is love. (John 3:16; Romans 5:8; 1 John 4:8)
• God is triune or trinity. (Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
• God is eternal. (Deuteronomy 33:27; Jeremiah 10:10; Psalm 90:2)
• God is faithful. (Deuteronomy 7:9; Psalm 89:1-8)
• God is spirit. (John 4:24)
• God is infinite. (1 Kings 8:22-27; Jeremiah 23:24; Psalm 102:25-27; Revelation 22:13)
• God is self-sufficient and self-existent. (Exodus 3:13-14; Psalm 50:10-12; Colossians 1:16)
• God is unchanging or immutable. (Psalm 102:25-27; Hebrews 1:10-12; 13:8)
• God is wise. (Proverbs 3:19; Romans 16:26-27; 1 Timothy 1:17)
• God is light. (James 1:17; 1 John 1:5)
Above listed are just a few characteristics of God.
God is sovereign, omnipotent, self-sufficient and self-existing at the same time God is love, merciful, gracious and good. God longs to have a fellowship with you and me.
Through Bible, God says, "I have loved you with an everlasting love”…Jeremiah 31:3
What a wonderful God isn’t it?
Even if God longs for your fellowship with Him and wants you to be in Heaven someday with Him, something in you is hindering that reunion…..What’s it? Just think….
Yes, it’s your Sinful nature.
About sinful man
Have you ever committed sin? Or Are you as holy as God?
What bible says? "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God"…Romans 3:23. Here ‘All’ points to you and me. So sin is human nature which made him fall short of God’s glory. Sin can be described as anything that we do against the word of God or the will of God. Sin is any act that displeases God. Sin separates us from God. The payment we pay for sin is spiritual death, which is permanent separation from God. Bible says: “So any person who knows what is right to do but does not do it, to him it is sin”…James 4: 17 So we all are sinners and is separated from God. Here comes the need of salvation to mankind. Why the sinful men need salvation?
If we all are sinners then how can we have fellowship with God? God is holy of holiest, so it’s quiet sure that the sinful man cannot have fellowship with God and no one could reach the eternal life that God offers to them, to be with Him! And worship Him! Bible says: “For the wages of sin is death”…Romans 6:23
For experiencing God’s fellowship and attain eternal life rather than eternal death we need salvation from sin. Man cannot save himself from sin, by his own good works. See what Paul says in Romans 7:18…“For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out”. “Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it”…Romans 7:20
Then how can we get saved from sin?
God’s great plan! In order to save the sinful man, God executed a great plan! It was salvation to all mankind through Jesus Christ! His only Begotten Son. Bible says: "Without the shedding of blood there is no [forgiveness]"…Hebrews 9:22 Even hundreds of years before Jesus Christ came, the prophet Isaiah prophesied that Messiah would die for our iniquities. “But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned everyone to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all”…Isaiah 53:5, 6 Jesus Christ came to this world and led a holy life. He was the Savior sent from God to the world to save man from sin. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born of a virgin. He became Son of Man that we might become sons of God.
Later on Jesus was crucified as a falsely accused wrongdoer to pay for the sins of the world. God laid on Jesus the iniquity of all of us. See the cry of Jesus to his father at the cross “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"…Psalm 22:1 Why this happened to Jesus?
Bible says: “He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up FOR US ALL, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?”…Romans- 8:32
"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man"…Hebrews 2:9 We all have sinned but Jesus, being sinless, paid the price for our sins. He died in our place. It’s hard to imagine that God incarnate (in the flesh) was crucified by us human beings. Nevertheless; Jesus was beaten, spit upon, mocked, stripped naked and nailed to the cross. Jesus was hated and rejected by mankind and was crucified. God did this for you and me because He loves us and wanted to express that love to us. “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord”…Romans 6:23 Through the crucifixion of Jesus, God the Father have opened a way to you and me towards Heaven through Lord Jesus Christ. There is no other way to Heaven except through the Lord Jesus Christ. He set us free from the certain judgment and eternal condemnation of God that was to fall on all of us. Jesus sacrificed himself, endured the pain, the agony, the suffering and the shame to set the sinful man free. However, he rose again! Conquering death and making it possible to be saved; “ It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us”…Romans 8:34 How to start a relationship with God?
Now it’s your turn to decide……Whether you need salvation or not? Whether you need a strong relationship with God or not? If your answer is YES! [Yes, Jesus I need a deliverance, Yes, I need salvation through you Jesus, Yes, I need a strong relationship with God] Then God is ready to offer it freely. He is waiting for your decision. Bible says: “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved”…John 3:16-17
“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him”…John 3:36
Jesus said in John 14:6…”I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me”.
If you believe that Jesus, God's Son died for your sins on the cross and rose again, then confess your sins. Sins do not automatically disappear from our heart the moment we first believe in Jesus, therefore repentance is very important, because it removes sin from the heart. So believe in Christ, confess your sins and pray……Lord I am a sinner, I believe that Jesus Christ died for my sins and rose again and is still alive. I’m inviting you Lord to my life as my Lord and Saviour. In Jesus name I pray – amen "For if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved"…Romans 10:9
"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the authority to become children of God, to those who believe into His name"…John 1:12 Building your personal relationship with God! You have now entered into a new chapter of your life. From today you are not leading a life alone, but there is Jesus on your side. If you realize that you have met the most valuable treasure JESUS CHRIST! Then you should not look back. He will guide you and keep you throughout your life. Try to keep hold of his values, spend valuable time with God in prayer, read and know more about Jesus by reading the word of God, The Holy Bible. Share the joy you experience, to all.
"Although you have never seen Him, you love Him, and without seeing you now believe in Him, and rejoice with inexpressible joy touched with glory because you are achieving faith's goal, your salvation"…1 Peter 1:8-9
“Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light. Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son. In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins. Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature”…Colossians 1: 12-15
Now keep in mind that “Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in Him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God”…1 John 3:9 and try to lead a holy life with Jesus and share the gospel to others and testify his redeeming grace.
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior”…Isaiah 43:1-3
May God Jesus bless you!